Illinois Farm Bureau members are urged to respond to a federal legislative action request concerning agriculture issues in the next COVID-19 relief package.
The action request asks members of Congress to prioritize the following:
- Increase funding for USDA’s Commodity Credit Corporation;
- provide direct payments to all farmers impacted by COVID-19;
- allocate funding for the humane and safe disposal of depopulated hogs;
- provide flexibility to help farmers restructure USDA loans;
- and provide assistance to the biofuel industry.
“Members are encouraged to personalize the pre-written message when submitting,” said Adam Nielsen, IFB director of national legislation and policy development. “Personal stories are important now more than ever to show Congress why Illinois farmers need additional funding and assistance.”
Text message and email notifications were sent to FB ACT members Tuesday. The action request will run until further notice.